I’ve decided to jump right back into studying so that I can earn my AWS Solutions Architect Associate certification by the end of December.
I’m not taking a break because I want to keep the momentum I have going and I don’t want to forget everything I’ve learned while earning my Certified Cloud Practitioner certification.
For this round, I’m going to use two of Linux Academy’s learning paths to study:
- From AWS Beginner to AWS Certified (critical for the AWS exam)
- Junior AWS Cloud Engineer – Entry Level (critical for experience in DevOps, in my opinion)
Within each learning path, there are several courses to complete.
I chose Linux Academy to study with because:
- Course Scheduler: I entered a start date, # of hours to study per day, and then received a schedule of what lessons to complete by what date
- Flash Cards: Will be great for studying
- Hands on labs
From AWS Beginner to AWS Certified Study Schedule
Course: AWS Concepts
|AWS & the Cloud|
|Introduction to Core AWS Services|
|AWS Global Infrastructure|
If you’re interested in reviewing the remainder of my study plan, click here to see it.
I also setup a recurring calendar reminder and Asana tasks.
As always, I’ll be taking super detailed notes. I made a template for you here if you’d like to get started, click here to download it. I’m not able to share my notes due to them including content that has been paid for.
My Other Tools for Success
- As always, I’ll be taking Gorilla Mind “Rush” (affiliate link) before studying. Please start with only 1-2/day if you decide to try it.
- Accountability: my friends Tailor, Beez, and Tara always help keep me on track with my goals.
- Giving myself permission to adjust my study plan and schedule, as needed. Life happens and the holidays are coming up. It’s okay for me to shift and adjust.
- Getting rest, committing to waking up early at 5:30am, exercising, going outside, and having fun.
- I’ll also use WhizLabs SAA Practice Tests to help study, possibly their SAA online course (if time allows for it).
I’m scheduled to take the SAA on December 27, 2019. Happy studying and good luck!